24 December 2010

Homeschooling

Update: not sure why this didn't post when it was written but I will post it any way now.  There will be more to follow with this after Christmas. 

Today we have begun our homeschooling.  I keep reminding myself that it takes 6-8 weeks to get all settled in.  So we are talking 1st of the year we should have a routine right?  well I hope we get it together before that.

Honestly I have come to hate the word assessment.  It sucks and the horse it rode on sucks too.  I have come to realize that the brick and mortar school system has taught my children very little.  They are so far behind in the K12 program I would like to cry.  But I will march on because, I know now, how much they really should be learning.

Greyson is now taking a Spanish course and Parker has Music.  Both of these were not offered at our local school.  Maybe they though the kids would learn it through the other kids.  Osmosis anyone?   Parker will start his music lessons.  However we will be playing catch up for the next week to see what the boys already know.

Greyson is excited about using the computer to learn and study with.  He is also excited about all the science activities that we will get to do.

Greyson working on self portrait.

Art lesson on Presidential Building Architecture.

Parker at his desk in the classroom with his self portrait Art assignment.


  xxoo Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to add?